Black Opal Review: Foundation & Concealer
I’m really excited to give you this review of arguably, some of my best make up products in my makeup collection at the moment: the Black Opal True Color Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation, as well as the Black Opal Spot and Scar Eraser! If you are a drugstore makeup lover, you will DEFINITELY want to read this blog post!! 🙂 <3
Now, earlier this year, I made a deal with myself to start trying our lower end (drugstore) Foundations and Concealers. Even though I am a stickler and personally prefer high end foundations and concealers, I wanted to give the drugstore ones a fair shot as well, because I’d heard some great things about some drugstore foundations, including this one 🙂 I must stay, I have stuck to the deal, and bought quite a few drugstore foundations and concealers (this means, more reviews to come! Yay!).
True Colour Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation
Now, I wont lie, the first time i heard about this foundation was on Youtube and I’m pretty sure I was watching Jackie Aina’s video about foundations and she mentioned this baby! Today, I can safely say- I’M SSSOOOOO GLAD SHE DID!!! I went out and purchased this foundation, and right of the bat, I was ELATED with the retail price of this baby! It goes for around the R285.00 mark, which is so much (I mean SO much) lower than the usual R500- R600 mark that I usually spend on foundations! So, already this was a PLUS for me!
I purchased the shade “Nutmeg”, because it was the closest true tone to my skin shade, however I swatched in on the skin when I got into the store, walked around for a bit, to see if it oxidizes or not, and THANKFULLY it did not! So I got it right away!
When i got home and started using this foundation on weekends and such, which is normally the best time for me test out my makeup, I WAS BLOWN AWAY AT THE RESULTS!!! 🙂 Yes, I was. Really, I was!
- Packaging. The packaging is very sleek, with a frosted plastic cover, which shows the colour of the foundation (although I still recommend that you try it out before assuming that your colour right off the bat).
- Light to Medium Coverage. I love how this foundation is buildable, easy for a light makeup look, or apply a little bit more for coverage, just still has you looking like you have hardly any makeup on.
- Hydrating and not drying. It has a very skin like finish, which is great if you are someone that does not quite fancy the matte look. This is a GREAT foundation for winter, especially if you have dry skin.
- Oil, Fragrance and Paraben free. This is GREAT for people who do not like scents with their foundations, and perfect for multiple skin types (dry, oily, combination) works just as well. 🙂
- 12 Shades. This is great for WOC because we often struggle with getting shades that match! So, you’re definitely bound to find a shade that’ll work for you. This is great because we often STRUGGLE in the drugstore when it comes to finding the perfect shade of foundation with other brands, but this, you’re good to go!! 🙂
- One Pump for a full face. Pump. The foundation comes with a pump, this makes things a lot less messy, and a lot more hygienic and easier to use. I also noticed that literally with just one pump, this is enough to do a full face, light coverage. Love!
- GREAT PRICE! This foundation is definitely friendly on the pocket!
- Transfer. Yup, the sad thing is that if you blot a lot throughout the day, you might have to keep reapplying because the foundation easily smudges and moves so I highly suggest that you SET THE FOUNDATION WITH A POWDER.
For me this is pretty much it! One con for 5 PRO’s, best drugstore foundation I’ve come across so far, and because it is winter, and it’s perfect for winter, I just thought that I’d share it with you! It also works REALLY well with the Black Opal Total Coverage Concealer! Get it!
Highly recommend! Have you used this foundation? If so what do you think of it?? Let me know! 🙂
Until the next one,
Live in Light and Love,