- BLOGGING 101: TIME MANAGEMENT TIPS
Hey hey!!! 🙂
I know it has been a MINUTE since I did the Blogging 101 series, and I figured now would be the perfect time to re-introduce the series on to my new blog! If you did not follow me before on the gentleorchid blog, then you wouldn’t really know what the blogging 101 series is about. Briefly, this series is for all the new bloggers looking to get into blogging, or even seasoned bloggers who want to polish up their blogging skills by learning new techniques and methods to making their blog more effective. 🙂
This time around, I’ll be giving you a few tips and tricks on how to effectively manage your time (in terms of posting content) on your blog! 🙂
TIME MANAGEMENT ON YOUR BLOG!!!
Time management on your blog in terms of producing content, is often so hard to do, especially when you know that you have other things to do outside of your blog (job, school, and just generally LIVING YOUR LIFE!). It often becomes so hard to create a balance and keep putting up content that is useful, instead of just putting up content “for the sake of it”.
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO WRITE ABOUT, DO NOT POST IT!
This is SOOOOO important! Nothing is more frustrating to a blogger and their readers like a post that has no direction, that is rushed, and that just does not seem to be flowing “seamlessly”. If you are not inspired to write anything, don’t. You do not have to be hard on yourself, every blogger goes through bloggers block at some stage, and that is the perfect time to regroup and figure out what direction you want your blog to take next. Use this time, but DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT put up any ol’ content, just for the sake of it. It makes your blog work look sloppy, rushed and not direct. Don’t do it! DO NOT DO IT!
- SET GOALS AND PLAN!!
So important!!! I spend most weekends (when I’m not free and have commitments), to set the goals for what I want to be on my blog in the coming weeks to come. I normally look at the next 2 weeks when setting goals.
– Set GOALS ( tell yourself and write it down, in terms of what you want to produce on your content in the next 2 weeks).
– PLAN. If that content involves you taking images, product shots, selfies, video content, then DO THAT. Take a few hours out of your weekend to take those images, outfit shots, makeup shots, so that you already have those on file for when you need them
– DO DRAFTS. Start working on the drafts you want to come out in the next week. Edit your images, plan what you want to say in each post and get to working!!! Normally in one blog work day (eg: Saturday), I can do 2-3 blog posts that day, dependent on whether I have all I need to work on them.
- Organise your drafts. Decide which drafts (content) you want to go up next week. I often want a nice mix of things, considering that my blog is a lifestyle and beauty blog, so in the 2-3 posts I upload each week, I want there to be a nice “mix”of everything. One beauty post, maybe an outfit post, and a blogging 101 post for example). Not ALL THREE POSTS that week should be beauty related, unless you are a pure and solidified beauty blogger. Then ALL your posts can be beauty related! 🙂
- SCHEDULE your POSTS.
Important. This is for the days when you know you’ll be so busy that you wont be able to click “publish”. Then schedule your posts, and you blog will publish it FOR you, and you don’t have to worry!! 🙂
– Schedule Times. If you want a new blog post to go out at a certain TIME ie 7am, then make sure THEY ALL GO OUT AT 7am. Important for consistency! Your readers will know what time to expect your blog post! 🙂
– Schedule Days. (Now I’m bad with this but it’s important). If you want to put out a blog post on Monday and Friday, make sure they ALL go up on a Monday and Friday. Again, this is important for consistency and you get you readers into the swing of know WHEN to expect a post!
- ENJOY IT!!
If you do not enjoy this process, very soon you are going to start seeing it as a chore, and something you dread doing. Yes, it is a lot of work, but trust me, so worth it, if everytime you go back to your blog and look, that you will love everything you see! 🙂 I promise you! Definitely DO make sure that its what you WANT to be doing!
Thats it for this edition of 101. If you want more tips, follow me on my INSTAGRAM Blog page:
where I will be doing a INSTAGRAM LIVE tonight at 7pm talking you through some MORE blogging tips!
Until the next one,
Live in Light and Love <3