LETS EDUCATE!: WHICH FOUNDATION IS RIGHT
Welcome back! 🙂
So I have decided to introduce a little bit of a educational series where we will be looking at how to pick the CORRECT beauty products for your paritcular SKIN TYPE, tone, colour, THE WORKS!! 🙂
This time around we will be looking at…
Now I am a HUGE foundation lover, and I take choosing which foundation to use on my skin VERY seriously! Foundation is the base, so it is important to take into consideration, things like skin colour, skin texture (eg: do you have acne or not, do you get textured skin from time to time in the form of bumps and rashes?), skin type (Are you oily, dry or both (combination)? It is extremely important to take these things into consideration!
HOW TO CHOOSE THE CORRECT
FOUNDATION FOR YOU!
- FIND OUT WHAT KIND OF SKIN TYPE YOU ARE.
Some foundations work better with different skin types. Therefore, it is extremely important that you know what skin type you are before looking into buying foundations. Some foundations work best for dry skin, and some work well for combination or oily skin. It is extremely important that you know what kind of skin type you are, and one of the easiest ways to do that is go and have a facial done with a REGISTERED skin therapist who will be able to tell you what you skin is struggling from/with.
This way you can find the correct FORMULA which will help you when picking your foundation. Also, ask yourself what you want your foundation to do!
Questions to ask?
- Do I want my face to look matte or dewy?
- Do I want my foundation to cover up all the skin issues, hyper pigmentation, dark marks and circles?
- Do I want it to feel heavy or light on my skin?
- Do I want it to last long or just a few hours?
- Do I want it to look like I barely have anything on?
These are some KEY questions to ask yourself when choosing a foundation!
EXAMPLES OF GOOD FOUNDATIONS FOR CERTAIN SKIN TYPES
- For DRY SKIN:
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, MAC Face and Body Foundaton, RIMMEL Lasting Finish Foundation, NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup, The Body Shop Moisture Foundations.
- For OILY also Combination Skin
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Foundation, Loreal Infalliable Pro Matte Foundation, Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, Black Opal Pore Perfecting Foundation.
2. CHOOSE THE CORRECT SHADE!
Honestly, if you are new to this, the best advice I can give you is to go and speak to a makeup Artist at the counter of your choice in terms of brand of makeup, and advise for them to help you. I have had a HORRIBLE history of picking the INCORRECT foundation shade, and the only way I learnt how, was sto consult a professional about it.
Some TIPS if YOU WANT TO GO IT ALONE:
- Take a foundation closest to your skin shade
- TEST it on the RIGHT place on your face (which is normally along your jaw line)
- The right colour will literally disappear into your skin and you shouldn’t be able to notice a vast difference in shade to your skin tone.
- Check it in NATURAL Lighting. This will help as lights from the stores normally create some sort of shadow and can distort the way the colour ACTUALLY looks.
GENERAL FOUNDATION TIPS!
- If you are not sure what colour to choose, always go DARKER. Wearing a colour that is even one shade too light can make you look washed out, all sorts of chalky and will be VERY visible that you picked that wrong shade.
- RESEARCH before going to buy a foundation. Always make sure you research the foundation making sure it meets your skin needs before you purchase it.
A great way to find you match in foundation shade with all the other foundations from different brands, is to log on to
Follow the questions and findation will help you pick your correct shade from multiple various other brands! <3
I hope this has helped. If you enjoy this series, then definitely let me know and tell me what in the makeup/beauty world you would like us to educate one another on next! <3
Until the next one,
Live in Light and Love <3