GOING GREEN| BANANA GREEN SMOOTHIE
So If you follow me on any of my social media, you would already seen this picture that I put up on Instagram last weekend, of my current FAVE smoothie!! I am LOVING IT, and thought I would tell you now to make one! 🙂 (Be advised, this requires a blender ok? lol)
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SMOOTHIES
Green Smoothies are great for a number of things!! As part of my healthy journey, I have decided to make smoothies every time I can, which is mostly on weekends, because I do not have enough time over the week to make them, as I have to be at work early in the morning. So for work I normally pack yogurt and fruit.
Green smoothies are useful for a number of things:
- Great Anti Oxidant (cleans you out and is a healthy natural “detox”)
- A great energy booster (the nurtrients, anti onxidants and minerals present in a green smoothie, assist in giving a vital energy boost, vitamin B in green smoothies, boosts metabolism).
- Natural form of Weight loss (If you are looking to lose weight, smoothies are a better, healthier form of meal replacement. Having a green smoothie for breakfast is much healthier than a plate of eggs, bacon, toast and cheese. Lowers your daily calorie intake. Plus, smoothies are VERY filling!)
- Supports Gut and Colon health (boosts fibre intake, which is good for your colon, helps your system function WELL).
- Promotes good Skin. (They give a healthy glow, and help clear up acne too).
There are many other reasons why they are better for you, so I do advocate, that if you can, have yourself a GREEN SMOOTHIE.
GREEN BANANA SMOOTHIE
My favourite type of smoothie, is the Green Banana Smoothie! Absolutely love these because I freaking LOVE bananas! Besides, not only that, it is MUCH easier and quicker to make than many other smoothies. 🙂
- 1/1.5 Almond Milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1/1.5 Banana dependent on the size
- 2 or 3 handfuls of spinach (dependent on you)
- 1 teaspoon of Chia Seeds (good source of fibre, anti oxidants).
- A few cubes of ice (this is not needed if your banana has been frozen)
Simple. Add all the ingredients into your blender, and BLEND. From there, add to a glass, garnish with a mint leaf and some chia seeds, and serve!! 🙂
A great healthy one for you to try out! Sweet from the bananas, yet so good for you too! Let me know if you’d like to see some more smoothie ideas, and look out for my vlog coming this sunday, where I show you exactly how to make it!! 🙂 What are some of your favourite smoothies?
Follow me on social media!
Facebook: Just Katleho
Until the next one, live in light and love! <3