GOODBYE 2017…. HELLO 2018!!
My goodness I don’t even know where to begin with this blog post! It has been such a long time (couple of weeks) not writing anything on the blog, that I’m feeling some sort of anxiety just typing this up right now. Gosh!!
Before we get into this post, HAPPPPYYYYYY NEW YEAR!!! Happy 2018!! I trust you are well and happy. I wish you the best 2018, may your dreams be realised, and may they come to fruition. May you excel in your determination to do good, be good and may you be happy, find contentment and peace of mind. I wish you prosperity, health and wealth, and I wish you all the dreams that money CAN’T buy <3
Man, am I looking FORWARD to 2018!!! I can’t tell you how excited I am to be starting a new year, with so many plans and ideas in my mind, that even though it is exciting, it is also VERY daunting. The whole idea of what I had planned for this year, scares me. Am I setting myself up for failure? Will I burn out? Do I have the courage to follow through with some of the plans and goals I have set out for myself?
The honest answer is:
“I DO NOT KNOW, but I look forward to finding out!!” 🙂
There are things that I definitely do not feel any shame for letting go of, and prefer that, that mess, stays in 2017. I’m comfortable with the decisions I have made to let all of these things go, and focus on myself, my family, my career, my life- free from ANY inhibitions!
- FAKE FRIENDS/PEOPLE– A happy and pleasant goodbye to this. I can’t tell you how many fake friendships came my way in 2017, and how many people I actually realised are not genuine, and only want to be around you so that they can fulfil whatever goal of theirs there is, through you. I lost a few friends, but also gained one or two new GREAT ones. I’m blessed, and happy. Even having just ONE good friend, is a blessing.
- FAILED RELATIONSHIPS- This was a difficult one for me. Last year saw the ending of a 2 and a half year long relationship which broke me in more ways than one. Because of it, it changed me, into someone I didn’t know, but when it ended, a huge part of my new life, my new leaf, happened. Right now as I text this, I’m happier, stress free from the emotional manipulation, long stressed out nights sobbing in my bed, the drained emotional feelings from just not being able to handle things anymore…. I’M FREE FROM ALL OF IT. I couldn’t be more happier! My smile comes from such a good place nowadays. I’m blessed and thankful.
- DRAMA- From everywhere. Family, friends, work. Last year, I found myself in the middle of situations which I knew I did not want to get myself involved in. I’m perfectly comfortable with them staying in 2017
- PROCRASTINATION- I did a lot of this. I’m tired. Leaving it behind!
- DOUBTING MYSELF- Yup! Bye!!! I did this a lot especially when I had to do something I was afraid of. Whether it be at work, home, blog stuff, youtube. I would sometimes think, what will people say, or think? Should I do it? (It’s a hard journey to being 100% confident in yourself and your abilities, I’m still working on that too).
- ACHIEVING NEW GOALS- I have a long list the length of my arm in terms of what I want to achieve by the end of 2018. In terms of the blog, my work, possibly returning to school, the Just Katleho youtube channel, my relationships, LOTS!!! I have a long list! You will be here all the way to see what I’ve got in store! So make sure to follow the blog!
- HARNESS AND USE MY TALENTS WISELY- I often doubt myself, and because of that, am afraid to put myself out there. To extend myself, and push the boundary! This is the year to try and change all of that! One small step at a time!
- NURTURE ALL EXISTING FRIENDSHIPS/RELATIONSHIPS- This one is very important to me. Due to the fact that I was constantly busy with work, youtube and blogging last year, as a result of that, many of my personal relationships took a back seat. This year, that must change. Time to REFINE my time management plans and make time for everything and everyone on my plate, in my life.
- BEING EASY ON MYSELF- I am often, unbeknownst to most people, very hard on myself. I stress a lot when I don’t get things done, or when I feel like I’m falling behind on my schedule. I’m taking 2018 to remind myself that sometimes it’s OK to just take a break!
- CONTINUING TO EAT HEALTHY- If you don’t already know this, I’m only a healthy eating journey, and I’ve been mostly good for the past 9 months or so. I plan on continuing this, it’s been one of the best decisions I’ve made for my body, my mental stability and my life. So, onward and upward!!
For now, those are all the things that mean the most to me that I’ll include in this post. I could go on, but I don’t want you to be reading this forever, lol, so I will stop here!
So leggggoooo with 2018!!! Onwards and upwards!! 🙂
Until the next one,
Live in Light and Love <3