HOW MUCH IS MY EVERYDAY FACE? 🙂
I hope you are all doing well?! Let me know, and lets catch up in the comments section down below! I’d been thinking that recently everytime I’m out and about with makeup on (whether around lunch time at work, or over the weekend running to the store, etc), at least once or twice a week I get asked what makeup products do I use on my face, and thought this would be a great idea for a blog post! Wow, what a long sentence! LOL!!
If you are a beauty lover and maybe are looking to buy new makeup products, try something different, then maybe this blog post might be helpful for you! 🙂
**Now, I’m not the most exciting, eccentric person when it comes to makeup, I’m not too crazy on playing with colour on my face, I like to keep it “me”- which essentially means, natural, nude, flawless and elegant. My colours are nudes, and occasionally I will dabble out of my comfort zone. for work however, I keep it clean, simple and elegant. Lately, I have found the most perfect additions to making my makeup glow and look flawless. <3
My everyday makeup routine usually takes around 15-20mins every single day. I try to keep it simple, and not faff around too much because I normally have things to do before I leave the house for work! Normally I’m on a HECTIC time crunch!
DAILY MAKEUP PROCESS
This is a proper play by play of what I use every morning to creat the makeup look that you see in all these pictures! It’s simple, natural and easy- most importantly, QUICK!!
- STEP 1: PRIMER- SMASH BOX PHOTO FINISH FOUNDATION PRIMER (R470)– Apply this all over my moisturized face.
- STEP 2: BROWS- MAC SPIKED BROW PENCIL (R200)- This I use to shape and draw my brow in, or rather fill them in (I do have brow hairs! LOL!). Followed with the BENEFIT BROW ZINGS SHAPING KIT for BROWS (R475) to darken and fill in the brows some more.
- STEP 3: EYELINER- YARDLEY RETRACTABLE EYE PENCIL (R80)- This I love to use in the water line of my eyes, just to make the eyes “pop”. For me it gives my eyes more of a sultry look, which I like.
- STEP 4: FOUNDATION- MAC STUDIO FIX FLUID FOUNDATION (+/- R400)– I dot this all over my face and apply a very light coat (one layer only) on my face and blend it in.
- STEP 5: UNDER EYE CONCEALER- ESTEE LAUDER STAY IN PLACE DOUBLE WEAR CONCEALER (+/- R375)- I then apply this concealer under my eyes, and blend it all.
- STEP 6: SETTING POWDER- MAC MINERALIZE SKINFINISH POWDER IN DARK (R400)- Apply a light coat of this all over my face, to set.
- STEP 7: BLUSH- MAC SWEET AS COCOA BLUSH (300)- Lightly dust this blush on the apples of my cheeks.
- STEP 8: HIGHLIGHTER- MAC QUIKTRIK STICK (no longer in stock)- Apply this to the high points of my face, the ones that hit the sun the most!
- STEP 9: MASCARA- MAYBELLINE FALSIES DRAMA MASCARA (R150)- Apply onto my lashes.
- STEP 10: LIP GLOSS- MAC “SPITE” OR “SPICE” LIP GLASS (R200)- Apply onto my lips!
GRAND TOTAL OF MY EVERYDAY CAKED UP GLOWY FACE:
Ok! I am legit shuddering at that amount!! LOL!!! That is the cost of my daily cakeup up face!!! *hides*
If you can do a quick calculation, how much does YOUR everyday face cost!?! LOL
Until the next one,
Live in light and Love <3