WHY YOU NEED QUIET TIME..
| MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
Hello darlings!!! 🙂
I trust you all are well. 🙂
It is that time again, monday and getting ready for the new week, and it’s always great to start with something motivational to get you through the week! This time around, this is not a long post, but something we tend to neglect when we are busy going through the hustle and bustle of life. There is an importance and a particular purpose to “Quiet Time”.
It is often associated with meditation, stillness of the mind and heart, and just taking a moment to yourself, for yourself, but without thinking, without being “busy”. For those who are religious, quiet time can be the time where you get to spend and be alone with God, praising Him, thanking Him, taking all your problems, issues to Him.
“GOD DWELLS WITHIN YOU, AS YOU” <3 – Eat. Pray. Love
Asking for strength, guidance. To those who are not necessarily religious, but are spiritual in some respects, quiet time is the time to meditate, still yourself and find a centre of balance from the everyday business of life.
Here’s some tips on what you can do daily, just to have 10-15 mins of quiet time.
- Choose a time that will be convenient for you everyday for your quiet time. Either early (first thing) in the morning, or late at night (just before you go to bed).
- The place where you have your quiet time must be one specific place. The same place you will go to everyday. So this must be a place that brings you comfort, quiet, stillness and peace of mind. Eg, your bed, your meditation room, etc.
- Decide what you want to do in this time. Do you want to write? Do you want to read? A bible, devotional, meditation techniques. Do you want to listen to some calming relaxing music?
- In that time, everything must be off (or just your relaxing sounds if you choose to listen to soothing tunes). No calls in this time, no TV blaring in the background, nothing. Utter silence. Candles work really well in this time. 🙂
- Do what naturally comes to you in this time. Read. Pray. Meditate. Sit in Silence. Listen to the beat of your heart. Commit to doing this for 30 DAYS. As a start.
Do it with me. I’m committing to 30 Days.
Are you in?
Let me know down below. <3
Until the next one, live in light and love <3